Pages

Google Search

Custom Search

Monday, September 24, 2012

Peaceful Homeschool Day

I love these peaceful homeschool days. Mondays and Fridays are usually our days where we mix it up a bit, from regular textbook schooling. Totally off topic, for my Entrecard friends, I have not been able to get on there in almost a week, so I apologize for not being able to drop on anyone. I hope I am not the only one. Now back to homeschool. We are back to walking at least twice a week, and I prefer to do three. Last week we were very social during school hours, this week is more traditional schooling. We walked this morning, then did some stretching and some mild aerobics. I have been nursing a sore shoulder, so I left off the push ups for now. Then everyone had their chores to do. All chores were completed before lunch, and then recess after that. In the afternoon each child had to do Math and Reading. Caitlin also did Head of the Class, and DJ had a writing assignment to do. He did it on dragons. Since it was his turn to pick the topic he went with dragons. Next week he gets another poetry writing assignment. Then I grade the Math and go over anything that needs to be reviewed, and poof that is a Monday wrap. We love Saxon Math. I know a lot of homeschoolers who don't like it, but it works for us, so I am sticking with it. I did get to paint this evening, for the first time in two weeks. I missed it. Hope everyone had a splendid Monday.



No comments:

Currclick for Homeschoolers

CurrClick

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!