Pages

Google Search

Custom Search

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Weather Station

In the coming up blog posts, I will be sharing some fun Summer Science experiments we have been doing, as well as items and websites we will be using in the upcoming school year. I have found tons of new sites that I love and can not wait to use. This year, I am going to be even more specific when I make our curriculum as to what website or activity will go specifically to that item. That way, I don't have to wonder why I checked something off as to wanting to complete but then can't remember what I was going to use with it. This will save me a ton of time in the long run, though time consuming to do.

We are doing a series of weather learning experiences over the summer.  Today, we did an activity on learning about Photosynthesis. Of course Photosynthesis is the process by which plants take in carbon dioxide, make food, then give off oxygen into the atmosphere for all of us to use and breathe. So to do this, it is real easy, first ask the kids if they know what photosynthesis is. Then in glass quart jar fill it with water, add some leaves, set outside in the sun, and ask the kids to hypothesize what they think will happen in one hour. After they have answered, set the timer, and in one hour go back to check the leaves. What do they see?




3 comments:

Small Town Mommy said...

That sounds really cool. I think my kids would love it.

betchai said...

seems like a very interesting fun and learning summer for the kids Melissa.

Melissa said...

We are enjoying learning about the weather. Especially since I am a weather geek.

Currclick for Homeschoolers

CurrClick

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!