Pages

Google Search

Custom Search

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

What Do We Do With No Internet?

Go to bed early, apparently, lol.  Yesterday, at exactly 1 PM, the internet went out.  This is not totally uncommon, we just reset the router and it works again.  But, that did not happen yesterday.  It was out for 23 1/2 hours.  That means there was no school lessons, at least not for DJ, most of his is online, and no school today either.  Now, I could have made them do school in the late afternoon, but there is no point by that time.  Now it is back on, and tomorrow we will double up on lessons. 

The kids didn't know what to do with themselves, without the internet.  After about 4 hours you would have thought they were going to die.  I have to admit, I was having a hard time too.  I have obligations to Etsy teams I am on, and I had a sale, that I needed the address to ship.  My 4G on my phone wouldn't work either, so I was at a loss.  Just when I was going to walk to McDonalds to use their free Wifi, it came back on. 

We watched, Planes, Craig and DJ caught up on a bunch of their shows, I watched three shows, and got a bunch of cleaning and crafts done.  Amazing what you can do, without the distraction of the internet.  Caitlin did some drawing, painting, and reading out of the way.  I read everyday, so I don't count reading as an extra. 

What do you do without internet?  Or maybe you limit your internet use.  In this age of everything electronics, it seems like torture to me to be without it.

No comments:

Currclick for Homeschoolers

CurrClick

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!