Pages

Google Search

Custom Search

Wednesday, December 5, 2018

ABCYA for Basic Math Practice

I forgot about this wonderful website ABCya.com.  My daughter has been struggling with remembering all the rules that go with Math.  So, I have added 30 min of homework each week night, to help.  Mostly through games on ABCya,  I tried Adapted Math, and I liked it, but she did not find them remotely enjoyable.  I mean if you have to play a Math game, might as well be somewhat fun.  Fractions have been especially a pain, so playing the  multiplication, and fractions games, have been especially helpful.  I have also resorted to forced note taking.  I hated to do this, but if she has to write down the rule, for each lesson each day, then she can just look back in her notebook and find how to do it.  Me telling her all the time, is not helping her to remember.  I am seeing slow, but good results so far.  We will continue this as long as is needed.  There are other great Math websites, but I tend to stick with what works until it no longer works.  There is also Language Arts games, we just don't currently use those.  

No comments:

Currclick for Homeschoolers

CurrClick

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!