Pages

Google Search

Custom Search

Sunday, January 6, 2019

FDR, Antitrust Laws,and the Gilded Age

We start our 3rd quarter tomorrow.  Can you believe it?  It always goes by so fast.  We are moving our way through American History, and we are up to The Gilded Age, Antitrust Laws and FDR.  This will take us probably 2 or 3 weeks to work through.  I found the 3 videos below.  The Gilded Age is a series of videos.  There is also 2 documentaries on Netflix covering FDR.

Language Arts is changing for the second half of the year, with the focus being more on Grammar and Writing, rather than Reading Comprehension.  I think each month I will give her a topic, and she will have 3 weeks to research and take down notes.  Then in the final week she will have to put it all together.  We are still focusing on the 5 paragraph essay.  I think I will add a mandatory word limit.  She tends to leave a lot of info out, so a word limit will help.  For January the topic is New Years.  I expect that she will research the history of New Years, why we celebrate it, how January got its name.  If you don't know how January got its name, it is really interesting.

If  you would like to homeschool your children, or maybe you need help homeschooling your children, check out my new Health Coaching blog.  I have included homeschooling as an option as I know how stress can effect ones health, and homeschooling can be stressful.






No comments:

Currclick for Homeschoolers

CurrClick

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!