Pages

Google Search

Custom Search

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Homeschool Book Sale, Sign Language, Brain Pop, Suicide Kits

I have tons of things to share with you today. Yesterday, I forgot to share the freebie of the day, but you can still go to Homeschool Radio Shows, to get the Laura Ingalls Wilder the Long Winter MP3 audio download. They have others available to for free, and they add new ones all the time, so sign up for their newsletter. We just read the Little House book, so I was excited to see this. I also got The Silver Skates, for free, another book we are reading later in the year. Check it out, and see if you can use it. Today's freebie is Fireside Cheer, and a great resource all about fireplaces, you can get it here. They only last for 24 hours, so don't delay.

I am one of those crazy women, who buy way ahead. I have already bought Halloween costumes, marked down to three dollars. I also went homeschool workbook shopping last night. I got all of DJ's books, with the exception of Art, and even some great Science readers, all for 65 bucks at Christian Book. I love this company. They offer great products at great prices, and they will tell you if a book is nonsecular or not. Because I supplement book work with online work, I don't like to spend a ton of money, to get what I need.

Tomorrow is Health class, and we have been doing Nutrition, for the past few years. I found a new resource called Brain Pop, and Brain Pop Jr. They offer short videos on different topics, and an online test, you can print once completed. You can join for free, and try it out. It is 99 dollars for a full membership, so I would like feedback from anyone that is a paying member, to let me know if that is a good value. The videos are short, so I am not really sure. Nutrition is one of the free ones offered, so we are doing it, and we already did wind, which we covered previously.

This next one is just a warning for all my mom, and dad readers. There is a new website that appears to be a forum based site talking about suicide kits, and takes recommendations on new ways to commit suicide, to make new kits. No matter how you feel about suicide, or what you think your kids may or may not ever do, please be aware it is there, and that people appear to be using it. I personally find it very disturbing. I have no idea if they actually make the kits or not, or make them available. I think this person needs help immediately. Do you know what your kids are doing?


Lesson Plans For 01/07/10:

DJ:
Spelling: Write each word three times each
Language Arts: Main Ideas at Brain Pop, Writing
Math: Problem solving, fractions, multiplication, division
Health: Nutrition with test at Brainpop
Sign Language: Colors
Cursive Writing

Caitlin:
Alphabet Book: Letter R
Sign Language: Colors
Site Words
Flash Cards: Number to word identification
Math: Basic measuring
Reading: HOP Hip O Gets a Pet
Printing Practice

2 comments:

Anne said...

That suicide site is very sad and disturbing. I hope that if something were going on with my child that I would recognize it and be able to get her help.

Melissa said...

I am always amazed at what parents think their kids would never do. I too would hope I would be able to recognize something so disturbing going on with my child. The sad part is if no one posted on the forum, or paid any attention to it, it might have stopped.

Currclick for Homeschoolers

CurrClick

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!