Pages

Google Search

Custom Search

Saturday, January 9, 2010

I Told You It Was Cold In Florida!

We have been in a cold snap, here in Florida, going on the third week. The coldest was this past weekend, and beginning of the week. Here in North Florida it was all the way down to 12 degrees, three nights in a row. South Florida was in the twenties, almost unheard of for South Florida. It was so cold the iguanas, were just frozen, and falling out of the trees. It is true, watch the video and see. Iguanas are not native to Florida, but snakes, lizards, and frogs are. We have had frozen frogs in our yard, that we assumed were dead. Then later when the sun got warm enough, they defrosted and jumped away. Imagine your child thinks they are inspecting a dead, frozen frog, and it just up and jumps away. LOL it was pretty funny, poor Caitlin almost had a heart attack. All the critters come out when it is warm, and if they don't get back to wherever their warm hibernating spot is, they literally freeze. Lots of people, especially in South Florida don't even have heaters in their homes. I am so glad this will be over on Monday, and hopefully winter is over.

If you have not been over to my jewelry blog in a while, check out my new contest. I will be giving away a new piece of jewelry every month. It is super easy to enter, and the rules, and item are right at the top of the blog. Go to Melissas Jewelry, to check it out.





7 comments:

betchai said...

yes, i saw in the news about the cold spell that hit the east and the south, anywhere East of the Rockies. there were too many car accidents shown and the roads a mess. hope the weather gets better soon there, Melissa.

Anne said...

I hope it warms up soon for all of us. I have to admit, I feel badly for the iguanas. The cold may not kill them, but the fall out of a tree might.

Mom Says said...

OMG I don't think I can survive 3 days in Florida, Melissa.Maybe I'll freeze too,just like the poor iguanas and frogs and critters.Can't imagine how i'll look like when that happens,hehe.

Anonymous said...

Hey Ms. Melissa,
This was the norm during my childhood in Florida...we always had about 2-3 weeks of super cold weather. I've been surprised by the past few warm winters...Blessings, Laura

Melissa said...

Betchai, Anne, and Rochelle, I miss some 70 degrees. I would even settle for 50 right now, BRRR.

Ms Laura, thank you for stopping by. Since we have been here, five years, this is by far the coldest it has been. At least for so many days in a row. A couple cold days, then it warms up, isn't too bad, but this is just awful.

Ebie said...

Hi Mel, When I was vacationing with my cousins, in Florida, winter and summer at different times, it was either cold or hot. 24 hr AC and heater.

Melissa said...

Ms Ebie that is very often true. People here very often go right from AC to the heater, and vice versa. It is kind of harsh on your body.

Currclick for Homeschoolers

CurrClick

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!