Pages

Google Search

Custom Search

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Happy Earth Day!!

It is Earth day today, and while I could discuss some very controversial topics, I have decided to keep it light, and beautiful. Below is pictures of Earth from space. I hope you enjoy it.

We moved our cukes into the ground today, and our tomatoes have been planted as well. The peppers are taking their sweet time. We also planted seed pods that fell from our tree, that Caitlin confiscated. It is always a habit of ours to conserve water, and power, so those are ingrained in our brains already. If I could run my computer by candlelight, we could save even more power LOL.

A while ago my mom gave the kids some sand dollars. I have been holding onto them wondering what to do with them, until now. Caitlin actually came up with the idea that we should paint pictures on them, and make decorations. So we will be doing that, sometime this weekend. I will be sure to share pictures of how they come out. If you don't know the beautiful story of the sand dollar, the video will help you.






2 comments:

Kristy said...

What a great idea to paint pictures on the sand dollars. I can't wait to see the pics.

Melissa said...

We bought paint pens today, to make it easier, and hopefully less messy.

Currclick for Homeschoolers

CurrClick

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!