Pages

Google Search

Custom Search

Saturday, July 11, 2009

I Was Tagged By Sandi

Sandi from pregnant with cancer, who is also a member of my Blogging For Fun group, tagged me to tell 6 things about myself that my readers may not know. So I figured I would play along, she might be sorry she asked LOL;

First the rules:

1. Link to the person or persons who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random and/or revealing things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog
6. Let the tagger know when your post entry is up on your site.

Seems easy enough, but I must warn you, I have been accused of being a bubble head, blabber mouth, etc so if I drag on I am sorry.

1- The first thing I am sure I have never shared about myself is that I used to be a karate instructor, with a second degree brown belt in Kempo Karate. I actually fractured a bone in my ankle, right before I was to test for the next level, and after rehabbing just never returned. I also used to rollerblade six miles every day, with my Sharpei dog. I used to be in really good shape LOL.

2- I think I should have been a teacher, because I also used to teach BLS certification, and AED monitors. I did that for many years, before the birth of my first child. I didn't have the time that it required, after I had DJ, but it was great fun. I actually did it to get over my fear of public speaking, now I probably would stutter up in front of a crowd.

3- Most of my readers know I am a nurse. What you may not know is that I went to LPN school at the age of 15, while still in high school. I have completed all but one semester of my RN. I did not finish, due to family issues at the time, and just never got back to it. Now it has been quite some time, and I would have to retake everything again. I simply do not see that happening, at this point in my life. As much as I love being a nurse, with the way the health care field is right now, I am not sure I really would want to be an RN, anyways. It was much different 23 yrs ago when I went to LPN school.

4- At one point, in my twenties, I wanted to be a legal nurse consultant. Most of these are reserved for RN's, but I wanted to do it anyway. So I took, a paralegal course, and marketed myself as an LPN with paralegal skills. I managed to land a 1 yr internship with a personal injury law company. I did it a few days a week, on top of my nursing job. While I found it completely fascinating, I quickly learned that personal injury work, was not for me. There were a lot of things that went on, that I just could not deal with.

5- I have two children, but I never had an interest in having kids until I reached 30. I had my son at 31, and my daughter at 35. While I am glad I waited, it is hard because you don't have the stamina, you had when you were real young.

6- The last thing is, I was an independant, strong willed young woman, well I still am. But, I parited hard, and had a great time, before settling down with my kids. I never did drugs, which was not easy, considering everyone else did. I did enjoy the alcohol, though I must say I was never foolish enough to put me, or my friends in danger. Losing my nursing license was the biggest reason for not being reckless. I had worked too hard to get it. I could tell some stories, though, I will digress my mom might read this post. There are some things better left untold.

Well that is it, hope you enjoyed it. Now I have to tag six other people. This is kind of hard, because I like so many people, how do you pick just six? So I am going to pick six people from our Blogging for Fun group, that I am pretty sure have not participated in any.

http://leomarsden.com/
http://landscapeadventureblog.blogspot.com/
http://pinayfreelancer.com/
http://smalltownmommy.com/
http://bigdaddyrichard-swirlingthoughts.blogspot.com/
http://www.thingsthatareme.com/

OK so get busy, and lets hear all your secrets. Have fun!

8 comments:

betchai said...

you are correct Melissa, I don't think you have shared these before, I did not know definitely you used to be karate instructor.

It is great to know more things about you.

Sandi said...

I loved this tag because you learn new and interesting things! That is so cool. Karate eh? Awesome! I never did any drugs either! Not one. I honestly just did not have the desire. Thank god.

Leomar said...

Thanks for tagging me, Melissa. This is fun, we learned six things about you in one post. I'll do this later.

Eng said...

oh! pretty cool. i always wanted to learn karate when i was younger, didn't come around it coz i do not have money to finance it myself.

now, i have a few penny set aside but i'm afraid the body won't be able to stand the assault....ha1ha!ha!

nice to know we have something in common...i, too, am a nurse!

cherie said...

hi, nelissa, nice blog here...and nice revelations! as of last week, i heard they won't accept 2-yr RN graduates now, which was a shock considering the need...how true is that, would you know? thanks heaps...

Melissa said...

Thanks everyone, Karate is fun, but can be hard on the body. Cherie I have not seen where they have done away with the 2 yr RN. I could not see that ever working, since a lot of BSN RN's do not really do patient care.

onlinewriter said...

What a surprise to know all these especially about you being a former karate instructor. I've always presumed you're an independent,strong-willed woman though.Like you,i also had a blast being single before i settled down.That way,there's nothing to look back on saying "What if?"

Nice to know you better through this post.=) I'm gonna check out what the other guys will have to say about themselves.

Melissa said...

Thank you, I guess I just ooze independence even in writing a blog. Have a great day.

Currclick for Homeschoolers

CurrClick

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!