Pages

Google Search

Custom Search

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Off To The Doctor I Go

I am a bit of a stubborn person, at times. Going without health insurance, for many years, has not helped. I have suffered from migraines since the birth of my second child. I was examined right before moving to Florida, and due to how they occurred, it was determined it was probably hormone related. But now my symptoms are changing, and I am starting to have some neurological involvement. A visit to the eye doctor revealed nothing substantial, and they eye glasses have not helped a bit. I do believe I have chronic dry eye, but that does not account for other symptoms. We have health care now, and have for a couple of years, so I guess it is time I get examined. I have many fears since my mom has fibromyalgia, which personally I have always felt was a misdiagnosis, and she probably has MS. At any rate, I have done great research, and feel I may have MS, of course I certainly hope I am wrong. At any rate, my children are far too young, for me to not get answers, and treatment. I am fussy about treatments though, so this could be difficult. I only hope the Dr is willing to be flexible, and not just expect me to stuff myself full of medications, with no real answers. I go Monday, so wish me luck! I am hoping for just simple migraines, that have worsened, and not something serious.

5 comments:

Eng said...

goodluck for that appointment and i hope it just a migraine.!

ProntoLessons said...

Good luck to you - hope all goes well.

betchai said...

oh, I am sorry to hear about your pain Melissa, wish you well on your appointment, and hopefully, there is nothing serious. though migraine is bad too ( i suffer from migraine, and sometimes i cry and i know some people don't understand me why i would cry for a headache) but at least, it is not something that life threatening, and we can avoid somehow our own triggers.

Melissa said...

Thanks guys, I am hoping for something simple too, but if it turns out to be fibro, or even MS there are treatments, I just don't want to be a guinea pig, or doped up. I hope I can find a happy medium.

Anonymous said...

take precautions if results report migrane.... my mother is suffering from the same... avid eating chocolates as it is not good for migrane patients....

Debera


Cash Online Get Easy cash at your door step

Currclick for Homeschoolers

CurrClick

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!