Pages

Google Search

Custom Search

Friday, June 15, 2012

Food on Friday

Well since we are on Summer vacation, I will have to be creative with my posts.  Since there are no lessons to share, I will be sharing Food on Friday and maybe Music on Monday, and Weird Wednesday, lol!  That should keep me busy over the Summer.  Since I am trying to be more frugal with my grocery shopping, I really didn't know I could be more frugal than I already am, but apparently I can.  We are also eating lighter meals.  So Food on Friday will focus on food, of course.  My first, and personal favorite light meal is chicken with tomatoes and olives.

You can use any kind of chicken, but boneless skinless chicken breasts are the healthiest.  You can use bone in too, just skinless.  You can always remove the skin yourself and save a few bucks that way.  Then you just need tomatoes either chopped, cherry or grape, whichever you prefer and can afford.  We love black olives, but you could use green or a combo of both.  Feta choose, we skip the cheese, and any kind of oil and vinegar dressing that you prefer.  Just extra virgin olive oil, and red wine vinegar is my preference, as far as flavor and saving on fat. 

Cook your chicken first, about six minutes on each side.  Then add the remainder of ingredients.  Cook until tomatoes are just tender.  I like mine not too soft, so they only cook a few minutes.  We like onions, so I would probably add them too.  Sprinkle the cheese over the top and serve.  We don't do the cheese, so you can leave it off if you want.

Simple, fast, and delicious!  I would even serve this over lettuce leaves for a delicious warm salad, or pasta.  I got the idea for this recipe at Cooking Light.  I buy their magazine and use their website all the time.  I do adapt the recipes to suit our needs.


No comments:

Currclick for Homeschoolers

CurrClick

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!