Pages

Google Search

Custom Search

Friday, June 22, 2012

Food on Friday

Welcome to Food on Friday. All Summer I will be sharing some of my favorite recipes, or just recipes I find that I must try. Some of you may remember that my son will be 12, on July 4th. I am always looking for fun ways to help decorate and cook for the holiday and his birthday. This drink is so clever. It says that the colors don't mix because they are layers from heaviest to lightest, starting at the bottom first. I am definitely going to be making these this year, but DJ does not know it yet. I am sure he will get a kick out of it. The image was borrowed from Food Network, and I found the idea on Pinterest.

3 ounces fruit punch
3 ounces blue Gatorade, be sure it is NOT sugar free
3 ounces Diet Sprite, you want this one to be diet or sugar free.

Add ice to 1/3 of glass. Pour fruit punch almost to the top of the ice cubes. Then add another 1/3 of ice cubes and add the Blue Gatoride almost to the top of the ice. Repeat the same steps for the Sprite, and there you have an interesting and fun 4th of July drink. Enjoy!




2 comments:

betchai said...

oh so beautiful and colorful to look at, will surely try this thirst quenching drink

Melissa said...

Have fun with it, bethcai.

Currclick for Homeschoolers

CurrClick

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!