Pages

Google Search

Custom Search

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

How To Make A Homeschool Portfolio in Florida part 1

Since I can't find a video on how to make a homeschool portfolio, I will just show you the steps, as I do mine. This is for Florida, and all states have their own laws. There are three parts to the Florida homeschool portfolio. The daily log, the reading list, and then the actual portfolio part with samples of your child's work through the year. I will start with the easiest first, the daily log. Of course this is not the easiest if you don't actually do it. This is the end of our fifth year homeschooling, but my first year, I didn't do it. I guess I didn't know I had to. I got a little bit of a scolding, but I was lucky I could have been put on probation. To make the daily log, simply write down what you do everyday. If you do nothing, put no school for that date. I use just a plain five star notebook, that I paid a dollar for two years ago, and I think I can fit another whole year in it. There are very fancy logs you can buy, but I don't bother with any of that. There are some sample pages below from the start of our school year, the middle and the end of our school year. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me. I will post the other two steps on the following two Wednesdays. Hopefully that will give me enough time to get the other two parts together, and images taken for you to see. I think portfolios is the biggest issue homeschoolers have, and make them the most nervous as well.













3 comments:

betchai said...

i agree with you, daily log is not that difficult to do, but if you don't do it regularly, it would be very hard to back track at lessons you did.

Melissa said...

Yes, it would be very hard to make up what you did everyday for a whole year.

custom vinyl signs said...

Music from 1986 is similar to 1970s, only that slow rock came at this decade.

Currclick for Homeschoolers

CurrClick

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!