Pages

Google Search

Custom Search

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Fun At Dudley Farms

Yesterday we all went to Dudley Farms Historic State Park. It is a working farm from over 100 years ago. It was given to the State of Florida, from the Dudley family and is run from their will. Unfortunately as I blogged before, it is one of the 19 state parks nominated to be closed down. I am not sure if this is why there were only two staff people working, or because of the holiday, but we were not able to enter all the buildings or see the usual goings on. Yet it was still interesting, and educational. There was a nature trail, which is the picture of my children standing next to a beautiful old tree. The majestic turkey was amazing, and no he is not smiling. Seems he does not like his picture taken. He was ruffling his feathers, in anger at me for sticking my camera over the fence. Isn't he a beauty though? See that old stove, isn't that cool. I think I would like one of those. As you can see the weahter was splendid, and thank goodness I did not see any snakes. Some really big spiders that DJ had fun taking picture of with his new camera. Caitlin gathered acorns, for the squirrels. All in all it was a wonderful day, and we can count it as a field trip, for school. I hope everyone had a wonderful Friday, too.


















6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Melissa, I am glad you had been enjoying a beautiful weather there after a cold November. I like the clouds, they decorated the blue sky really beautifully. I think the closure of some state parks is everywhere :( hope you had a wonderful weekend.

Anonymous said...

That looks so fun! I love taking the kids places like that.

Anonymous said...

Hye, Melissa,

good one... Just come at India to visit beautiful scenario..

Melissa said...

Thanks to all 3 of you. A trip to India would be wonderful, maybe someday. Have a great day, everyone.

Nancy McCarroll said...

Love that turkey picture!

Melissa said...

He is a beauty. I am glad he didn't decide to smack me around, he was not happy. I guess I did not think they were aggressive.

Currclick for Homeschoolers

CurrClick

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!