Pages

Google Search

Custom Search

Sunday, December 21, 2008

I Have The Greatest Idea!

Okay maybe it is not the greatest idea, but it is pretty cool. Yesterday my 4 yr old came to me, and gave me a present. She had taken a piece of printing paper, and drew a picture and wrapped up a couple of her toys. She said Merry Christmas, and handed it to me. I opened her neat little gift, and inside was Build a Bear pink poodle a McDonalds toy, and a My Little Pony, from her Ponyville collection. Anyone who knows these two types of toys knows, they are miniature versions of the full versions. So I thanked her enourmously, and set them up on my stand where I sit and watch TV. As I sat there last night looking at them, I thought these would look really cute on the Xmas tree. So I set them both on a branch, and they indeed looked very cute. So then I went and asked my son for a couple of his Superfriend people, and they fit nicely too. So what was my great idea? After they outgrow these lovely mementos of their childhood, I am going to adorn my Xmas tree with them every year. Rather than buying expensive ornaments, I will use their treasured toys. I have some of my sons favorite Thomas the Trains left, and I can use crafting wire to make a loop to put a hook on them. If you have small children you could do this too. Neat, huh?

4 more days until Xmas, can you believe it. I hope everyone is having a wonderful, Sunday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

actually, that is great idea!! my Christmas tree is very simple with very little ornaments, and if i have toys, i will do the same too :)

Melissa said...

Thanks betchai, I think it will be awesome some day when they are older and they see all their old toys.

Currclick for Homeschoolers

CurrClick

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!