Pages

Google Search

Custom Search

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Batman The Dark Knight, Movie Night

Last night was movie night, for my husband and I. We get to do this about once a month, and he picked the new Batman movie. First of all let me say it was rated PG13 and that rating is fitting. My 8 yr old, wanted to watch it. I knew from previews, it was darker than previous Batman movies, so I told him I would let him know after I watched it. I decided no, it had a very complicated story line, and was a little more violent than others. He was disappointed, but I think it was the correct choice. Now back to the movie. Batman Begins was, and still is my favorite movie of the series. The Dark Knight, was extremely long, one thing that is a negative for me. It could have ended at least 45 min earlier, if they just ended it with Harvey in the hospital, to be Two Face in the next movie. However they chose not to do that, and Harvey was instead saved by Batman, and Commissioner Gordon. They chose to make him the Hero, and make Batman out to be the Villian. While I really liked this ending, it was well written, and very touching, I still think it could have been a little shorter. The length is my only complaint. Heath Ledger was amazing, as the Joker, and I can see why he was nominated for an Oscar. Matter of fact, the whole cast was very good. Have you seen this movie, yet. If yes, what did you think of it? If no, what are you waiting for?

Lesson Plans for 12/15/08:

Reading: Chapter 9 of Sunset of the Sabertooth
Writing: What are some ways you can earn money for Chrismtas gifts
Arts and crafts: undecided yet
Spelling: Lesson 13 write each spelling word 2x each, once in print, and once in cursive
Vocabulary: Lesson 13- look up the definition for each vocabulary word
Language Arts: Adjectives, capitalization
Math: Rounding numbers, multiplication, division
Spanish: Food and utensils part 2

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have not seen the movie Melissa, before I planned on seeing it, but after reading the reviews, I chickened out on watching it. I have a history of not being able to sleep for days if there is too much negativity in the story :(

Melissa said...

I think with the ending being as well done as it was, you would probably feel good not bad. I hope you get to see it.

Anonymous said...

thanks for the tip melissa, i'll let you know if i do watch it

Currclick for Homeschoolers

CurrClick

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!