Pages

Google Search

Custom Search

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Fire Safety and Prevention For Kids

This whole week, is fire safety, and prevention here at Melissa's Homeschool. My kids got a kick out of Dan Doofus last year, so I am posting them again this year. We actually do fire week, a few times through the school year. Yes, we actually set off the alarm, block exits, and create various scenarios. Let your kids watch Dan Doofus, and learn about fire safey, and prevention. I think this year, I will teach DJ, towards the end of the year, how to use the fire extinguisher.

Lesson Plans For 11/05/09:

DJ:
Health: Fire Safety, the ear, if you want this lesson it is last Fridays post
Language Arts: Verbs, suffixes, prefixes, exact verbs
Math: Addition, multiplication, division
Spelling/Vocab: Write each word two times each
Cursive Writing

Caitlin:
Health: The Ear, Fire Safety
More or less: Worksheet
Math: Adding to ten worksheet
Alphabet book: Letter C
Printing Practice
Reading: HOP Tub Fun
Site Words









5 comments:

Femmepower said...

Oh,cooking is indeed the leading cause of home fires.Sometimes I forget about my cooking whenever I'm online.Though I know that it's not good to do something else while cooking,I'm simply stubborn sometimes,thinking I'm a master in multi-tasking.sigh.Thanks for the videos.I'll share them with my daughter,especially the second video.

Wiggy said...

Hey Melissa. I've given you an award over on Wiggys World :)

Melissa said...

Rochelle, I hope she gets as much of a kick out of it, as my kids did.

Wiggy, thank you, I will post it tomorrow.

peter kenneth said...

Lovely post ..... thank you for sharing it with us.... your writing skills are quite impressive..

ceu for nursing said...

Another amazing write up !! first of all thank you for for adding one more amazing write up here .. i love to visit your website and reading interesting post !!

Currclick for Homeschoolers

CurrClick

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!