Pages

Google Search

Custom Search

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Simple Saturday Maple Butter For Your Thanksgiving Turkey

This is probably the fastest, and shortest post I have ever done LOL. Please remember to enter the contest for a free Sylvan First Grade workbook. See the top of the blog for details. You do not have to homeschool to enter.

Last year I had a lot of people ask how we made the maple butter, that we put on our turkey. I do not think I ever posted it. It is so simple, and the flavor goes all the way through your turkey. You will love it.

You will need 4 sticks of butter, no margarine, it has to be butter. One bottle of pure maple syrup, about 7 dollars per bottle. Melt the butter, add the syrup, then bring it to a boil. Let it boil gently, until it reduces down 1/3 of what you began with. This takes approximately 45 minutes, to one hour. Be sure to watch it, and stir occasionally. Then remove it from the heat, let it cool slightly, put in a container, and refrigerate until needed. Let me know if you try it, and if you loved it.

2 comments:

Femmepower said...

Ha,I can't bake anything complicated either.I'll see if I can do this one.=)

Melissa said...

Let me know how it goes. The simpler the better, for me.

Currclick for Homeschoolers

CurrClick

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!