Pages

Google Search

Custom Search

Friday, November 27, 2009

Trans Siberian Orchestra My Favorite Christmas Music

First of all let me say, I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving, we did. The one thing I am truly thankful for, is that it is only once a year. That is a lot of cooking, cleaning, and work for a few minutes of eating with family, and friends. I would think takeout would work just as well. The weather was marvelous, and we spent a lot of the day outside, sitting in the sun. Except for the men, who of course watched football. Now we move into my favorite time of the year, Christmas. I love all parts of Christmas. The hustle and bustle, the shopping, the religious meaning, as well as the secular meaning. I love the feeling Christmas gives me, and so many others as well. This year so many people are out of work, and will not be able to afford Christmas. Now I know Christmas is not really about Santa, and gifts, but the three Wise Men, did bring gifts to the baby Jesus. If you can give even a few dollars to your local charity to help a child get a gift, that would be awesome. There is also Shaq gives back for Toys for Tots, sponsored at Toys R Us, and in most retail stores. Every year we do the program for the Guardian Ad Lidem program here in Florida, for kids in the foster care system. I also donate to the food pantry, and Another Way, which is a program for battered women, and children. I am a huge Shaq fan. If you don't know who Shaq is, he is a basketball superstar, but he also is supportive of charities, and those in need. Many of you probably heard the awful story of the mother in NC who sold her five year old daughter into prostitution, and the man killed her. Shaq heard the story on the news, and has paid for the complete funeral for this poor child, that even her own mother would not protect. Thanks Shaq for helping this poor child, to rest in peace. I got a little off track there, sorry. I was supposed to be telling you about my all time favorite Christmas song band. The Trans Siberian Orchestra is amazing. If you have never heard their music, watch the video below. I think you will love it as much as I do. Have a great weekend, everyone.

No comments:

Currclick for Homeschoolers

CurrClick

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!