Pages

Google Search

Custom Search

Monday, November 30, 2009

The War On Christmas, The Alphabet In Sign Language

Are you tired of turkey yet? I am. I am looking for opinions today, because I am a curious kind of girl. I am looking for opinions on this whole War on Christmas deal. If you don't know what that is, it is something the media came up with to call when people don't say Merry Christmas, but instead Happy Holidays, or Seasons Greetings. Seems the media, and other groups are boycotting stores, and making a fuss, about not saying Merry Christmas. They claim it takes Christ out of Christmas. Hmm, I believe in God, and I do not find this to be true at all. How can saying Seasons Greetings, take Christ out of Christmas? If someone says Happy Holidays I just say, thank you and the same to you. The anger, and outrage it has brought about, surprises me to say the least. So I am wondering how many of you are really offended by this whole thing, and why? Don't worry I won't hold it against you, as long as you do the same for me. This is a free country, with free speech, and freedom of religion, that is why the Pilgrims came here.

We got our sign language book, and of course the alphabet is where you begin. I actually learned sign language many years ago, and find I have picked it up pretty quick. I will try to find videos to go with each section, so those of you who wish to learn, may as well.


Lesson Plans For 12/01/09:

DJ:
Science: Pollination, and Photosynthesis there is a video in the archives for Photosynthesis
Math: Multiplication, addition, subtraction, and division
Sign Language: The alphabet
Language Arts: Prefixes, suffixes, and sensory words
Spelling/Vocab: Use each word in a sentence
Cursive Writing

Caitlin:
Sequencing: Worksheet
Reading: HOP Pop Fox
Rhymes
Printing Practice
Alphabet Book: Letter I
Math: Bigger vs smaller
Site Words


No comments:

Currclick for Homeschoolers

CurrClick

Custom Ornamental Gates

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!